DSPAM - antispam softwarePosted by Raimondo Fanale • Wednesday, August 16. 2006 • Category: Software per server, Spam
DSPAM is a scalable and open-source content-based spam filter designed for mailers and servers or MTA. My first impressions (in 2004-2005) was very good and by its proven results and client testimonials I have chosen to install to all my servers and on my customer's servers
There is a little list of DSPAM's features:
- open source, GPL
- only 726kb (the source to install)
- filters between 99.5% and 99.95% of spam (on properly configured system)
- very fast, even with another filter like an antivirus
- probabilistic engine and auto-learning algorithms
- it introduces algorithms like Concept Identification, Neural Networking, Message Inoculation , de-obfuscation, Bayesian Noise Reduction
- written C for performances
- supports following storage drivers: SQLite, Berkeley DB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle and a self made hash driver
- supports MTA like Sendmail, Postfix, Qmail, Courier, ed Exim.
It works as a server or trought a library (libdspam) that can be incorporated directly into applications like mailer's filter plugins.
- the web UserInterface can't be easily localized in all languages
- because it works at a server-level, can't be managed trought a webmail. Every developer must write a plugin for your server or use the SquirrelMail plugin